|Board of Examiners Meeting:||Saturday, May 14, 2016
If you are planning on attending this examination meeting, please RSVP to Max Rayner by 5/7/2016. RSVP is now required.
|Next Exam:||Saturday, May 14, 2016
10:30 am candidate exam
All candidates must be present (no exceptions)
|Paperwork Deadline:||Friday, April 1, 2016|
|Location:||Palo Alto Judo Club
2751 Louis Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Shodan: Nage No Kata (First 3 sets as tori)
Nidan: Nage No Kata (All 5 sets as tori)
Options for kata requirement:
|Nage No Kata Clinic Sessions:||
$20.00 fee for each session.
Attendees must pre-register at least two days prior to each session via email.
Soko Joshi Judo Club
1622 Castro St
San Francisco, CA 94114
Checklist for All Yudansha
(Black Belt Candidates: Shodan and higher)
NOTE: Late, incomplete, or non-conforming documentation by the posted deadline will be rejected and the candidate will not be eligible for promotion consideration. You will receive confirmation of receipt by CENCO, if you do not, please contact the secretary immediately firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valid USJF registration for the time in grade period required (or back fees paid)
- USJF Background Check Form and payment for background check payable to "USJF" - Mailed to USJF before the paperwork deadline.
- Mail the following before the paperwork deadline to:
CENCO Promotion Board of Examiners
- Candidate and Instructor Must Attend Board of Examiners Promotion Meeting
- Non-competitor candidates: Complete skills testing at promotional examination demonstrating rank required skills
- Sandan and higher ranks:
CENCO board of examiners would like a demonstration of the candidate's teaching techniques. This demonstration must presented in person at the exam. The presentation should be about 20 minutes in length.
The demonstration should show the creativity of the candidate by integrating techniques required for their rank in Tachiwaza, Osaekomi waza , Shimewaza, and Kansetsu Waza. It should show combinations, transitions, and turnovers to and from these techniques. The Board of Examiners listens to the candidate's description and explanation of these techniques as well as the drills and the methods he or she uses to teach these techniques. It should not just be a variation of a technique.
Download a video example or Watch the video example
- Send copies of the following documentation to CENCO board of examiners secretary email@example.com before paperwork submission deadline
- Form 20
- Background check certificate (if not applying for a new one)
- Digital copy of passport photo
- Kata certificate (if required) or dates of kata clinic
- Proof of previous rank (Nidan and higher candidates)
- Any supporting documentation such as other certificates
Obtaining Kodokan Rank
Use the following documents to apply for Kodokan Rank Certificate